September 21, 2011

Meet the RMH Therapy Dogs, Part 2: Tank

Watson here.  For the second installment in my Pet Therapy Interview series, I had the chance to interview the biggest member of the RMH Therapy Dog team. He's a tank. No, literally... his name is Tank and he's an English Mastiff.
Watson: Tank, it's so nice to finally get the chance to sit down and talk. I have been dying to know, what’s your favorite food?
Tank: It all depends, if I want to just enjoy a good chew it’s gotta be raw bones. If I am learning a new trick then Bob, my trainer, gives me pork rinds. They are not good for me but boy are they good. I am practicing catching popcorn in mid-air, that’s a fun game

Watson: Wow, that takes mad skills. Impressive. Okay, now for a tough question. If you could be any other kind of animal, what kind of animal would you be and why?

Tank: I would be a manatee, I like the slow life style and nobody ever attacks a manatee.

Watson: And they get to live in Florida. I hear it’s really nice down there. Do you have siblings Tank?

Tank: Nope, I am an only dog.

Watson: Lucky. Just kidding. Alright, now if you could share a large, medium-rare sirloin with any of the following dogs, who would it be? Lassie, Benji, Beethoven, Eddie from Frasier or someone else?

Tank: Beethoven would be fun to talk to but you look like a nice guy.

Watson: I’m so flattered. To be named along with a superstar like Beethoven, wow. Alright let’s talk about what people really want to know. What is the best part of being a RMH therapy dog?

Tank: The hugs.

Watson: And if you could say anything to an RMH kid who is having a really hard day, what would you say?

Tank: It will be okay, tell me about all of your problems I am a great listener.
Watson: Thank you Tank. Okay one last question. Beef or chicken?
Tank: Beef
Watson: Thanks for sitting down with me today big guy.



Check back next week for part three!

-Watson

We are grateful to Tank and his wonderful owner Bob, for helping us with this interview and for making a difference in the lives of sick children and their families through their participation in the Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem Therapy Dog Program. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great dog! I love big dogs like this. I'll bet he there are lots of smiles when he is around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It will be approved by the site moderator and posted shortly.