June 6, 2012

Meet Kelsey, Our Summer Intern and Newest RMH Blogger!


My name is Kelsey Lemieur and I’m lucky enough to spend my summer as a development intern here at the Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem!

For the last two weeks, I’ve been one of the new faces hanging around the Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem and I couldn’t be happier to be here!  Of course, starting work at a new place is always a little bit intimidating at first, but I should never have been worried about coming to work at RMH.  Every single person that I have met at the House is so incredibly kind and welcoming, I already feel right at home.  

I am currently a public relations student at UNC-Chapel Hill (go Tar Heels!) and will begin my senior year in the fall.  I’m very interested in working for a non-profit once I graduate and am so grateful to be able to spend my summer here at the House learning what it takes to keep one of the best non-profits up and running. 

So far I’ve been able to help sell Sport a Shirt Share a Night T-shirts at Forsyth Medical Center with some of the incredible House volunteers, learn how to update the House computer databases, sort through lots of donations from a local elementary school and help streamline information for the winter Luminary Project, and that was just in my first two weeks!

But what I’m most excited about is getting to share my experiences from this summer with you here on the House Blog.  I plan to write about the many exciting events that occur at the House from Bingo Nights to Pet Therapy.  I hope to talk to some families and volunteers and write about their experiences at the House too.  For my next post I’m going to introduce you to fellow intern Laine Isaacs, a former patient of Brenner Children’s Hospital who stayed at the House with her family seven years ago.   Make sure you keep an eye out for my posts all summer long!  

-Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be approved by the site moderator and posted shortly.